Group Controller – Knoxville, Tennessee – Retained Search
We have been retained to recruit an exceptional candidate for a Group Controller role for a $6B rapidly growing company that is owned by one of the largest and most recognizable public companies in the world. The position is located in the Knoxville, TN area. Total compensation will be in the range of $250,000 to $300,000.
- $1.5B division of a $6B diversified company in the manufacturing Industry
- Extremely well run business – Highly profitable and growing both organically and through acquisitions
- Virtually unlimited access to cash for expansion purposes
- Beautiful Corporate office that includes state of the art fitness facilities, basketball & volleyball courts, cafeteria, and Disc Golf course
- Known for taking care of employees – All employees receive a profit sharing bonus quarterly
- Excellent and fully comprehensive benefits package
- Base salary target is $175,000 to $200,000 with a $100,000 bonus potential
- Highest ranking finance position over a $1.5B division – reports to Division President
- Excellent growth potential – essentially a CFO Track for the right candidate
- Company strongly believes in internal promotion and grooming candidates for future
- Oversees financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, M/E Close, and technical accounting
- Strategic finance functions – M&A, product launch, and expansion analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA or MBA strongly preferred
- Public accounting background would be a plus
- Manufacturing (job cost) experience highly preferred
- 10+ years of progressive financial experience; 5 years supervisory experience
- Executive Presence w/ strong technical and analytical skills
If you are a qualified candidate at this level and would like to learn more, you may contact our Director of Recruiting for further details at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the discussion 3 Comments
I would like to be considered for a COO and or a CFO search. This position appears suitable, but others on your website also appear interesting especially since I have experience in several industries with both operations and financial executive management experience.
Please contact me via email or by phone at 248-761-2189 to request a resume.
JP Morgan CFO, COO, Director with 25 years’ experience. I am a senior finance and operations executive with a demonstrated record of success in turning around unprofitable businesses, attract capital, start-ups, create scalable infrastructures, drive profit improvement and transformation initiatives, improve cash-flow, strengthen systems, processes and controls.
Strong strategic, analytic, planning and execution skills. I work collaboratively across all organizational lines as well as with board members, investors and other external parties.
Hands-on leader with extensive restructuring, organizational re-design and change management skills deployed on an international basis.
Specialties: Business restructuring, M&A, profit improvement, business acquisition & integration, planning & analysis, cost control, systems implementation, design of internal processes & controls, business development.
Examples of how I created scalable infrastructures and optimized operations…
• COO for a $500mm bank. CEO wanted to grow to $5B in 5 years and all organically. By using the right technology, processes and replacing some people, in less than two years we exceeded $1B and I only had to add two people.
• CFO for a $6B bank in Michigan. Worst financially performing division in the company. When I left, they were the number one performing division.
• Direct report to CEO for an international telecommunications manufacturer. Good revenue growth but absolutely no focus on EBITDA. Rewrote sales compensation plans to incent profitability (was purely revenue based) and cash collections. Instituted job costing on all projects so we could understand the level of profitability by job and why. Cleaned up operations and company was sold to a competitor for $164.4M (75% was in cash) at a 20% market premium.
• In my current role I identified excess capacity, drove individual accountability while launching several new products that were gaps in our line-up. Net results have reduced expenses while increasing revenue.
Mike, I’m very interested in this position in Tennessee and feel like I would be a good fit for it. I’ll email you my resume to the address shown for you. Thanks!