San Diego Convention Center – Chief Financial Officer
We have been exclusively retained by the San Diego Convention Center Corporation (SDCCC) to recruit an exceptional candidate to fill the position of CFO. The SDCCC has an outstanding reputation within the community and across the country. It is one of the premier convention destinations in the nation.
The position is located within this state-of-the-art facility overlooking the San Diego bay. Target compensation on this role is in the $190K to $210K range with an exceptionally strong benefits package including a generous retirement plan with a 10% company contribution. Relocation assistance is available.
- San Diego Convention Center Corporation
- $1.1B Positive Economic Impact to Community
- 215 Full Time Employees, 400+ Summertime
- $40 Million in Annual Revenues
- Fantastic Working Environment
- Beautiful Facility and over 525,000 Square Feet
- “Servant Leadership” Philosophy, Highly Respected and Involved in Community
- Core Values: Integrity, Service, Collaboration, Courage and Accountability
- Annual Donations Made to over 25 Different Non-Profits, Schools, Hospitals and Churches
- Green Initiatives, Progressive Environment, Diverse and Accepting Culture
- Chief Financial Officer – VP CFO Role
- Reports to Board of Trustees and President/CEO
- Highly Respected, Committed and Caring Senior Leadership Team
- Target Base is $190,000 to $210,000
- Strong Retirement Plan with 10% Company Contribution
- Additional Retirements Plans including 457 Plan and 403(b) Plan
- Excellent Health, Dental, Life & ADD Plan
- Supervises Staff of 13 People
- Located on Harbor Drive Overlooking the Bay
- San Diego is the 8th Largest City in the U.S.
- Beautiful Beaches, Balmy Weather and Lots of Sunshine
- Great Restaurants, Shopping and Outdoor Activities
- Mecca for Sailing, Boating and Fishing
- Good Schools and Outstanding Medical Facilities
- San Diego Health is Ranked #1 in the Nation
Brief Overview of Duties:
- Forecasting, Budgeting & Strategic Planning
- Financial Statement Preparation
- Contract Negotiation, Procurement
- Internal Controls, Reporting, Planning
- Oversee Payroll, Procurement
- Board Presentations and Pension Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ Years Progressive Experience
- 5 Years Minimum Managerial Experience
- CPA or MBA Preferred
- Convention Center Experience a Big Plus
- Hospitality, Non-Profit or Governmental Experience Helpful
- Executive Presence and Superb Communication Skills
If you are qualified and would like to be considered for this opportunity, you may apply online or send your resume to email@example.com and please put “San Diego Convention Center” in the subject line of the email. If you are interested in other San Diego CFO jobs, VP of Finance positions, or Corporate Controller roles, you can click here to view our latest CFO Positions.
CFO Search is a finance and accounting executive search firm that specializes exclusively in filling Corporate Controller, VP of Finance and CFO positions. We are typically recruiting on multiple CFO positions at any given time, so be sure to check back if you don’t see what you are looking for.
Join the discussion One Comment
I would love to speak to you about this CFO position in San Diego. I have all the required experience including very significant not for profit.
I am on the East Coast this week.
Can we schedule a time to speak?
Tomorrow is not good for me unless it is before 12noon ET as I have to go to a Memorial Service.
Donna Carter, CPA,CGMA,ACE,CFO